How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer to take a statement of mine to give to my

Customer Question

I need a lawyer to take a statement of mine to give to my husband about verbal abuse. I don't want divorce papers.......just a reprimand (if that is what you call it) or warning that if the verbal abuse does not stop I will be taking action such a suite or separation until he gets help about this verbal abuse. We are a blended family and do pretty well except for my oldest grandson Trey. He screams about me giving him help with rent money or grocery money when he gave my step son and step daughter 10,000 toward down payments on houses they are buying. We make a very good living and can afford help such as this......but if I give Trey any sort of financial help he screams profanity at me and at him and his mother. His mother is not able to help a lot financially. When Trey worked for my husband he would leave him in a timber with a chain saw to cut brush without any means of transportation or a phone. The nearest neighbor was 1/4 mile away and My husband told Trey to crawl to the neighbors house if he gets hurt with cutting the brush with the chain saw. This is just one of several emotional and verbal abuse that has occurred in the past 2 years. My husband pushed and knocked down Treys 3 y/o son once when he wanted him to get out of the way of the TV. My husband has helped Trey some with finances but my complaint is if Trey's name is ***** ***** he always becomes negative and yells about if I have given him (Trey) any money. He also is abusive toward my two beagles. The come into the house some of the time when they are not hunting on our land. If one of them is in the chair my husband wants to sits in he takes the dog by the collar and throws him on the floor 3 feet away. I think if he gets an official reprimand from a real lawyer he will get help or cease this kind of behavior. We all get along for being a blended family except for Trey. Trey idolizes my husband as his dad and him have had a contempuous relationship at best through Trey's 22 years. He lives in Colorado now and today my husband yelled "you did not buy presents for Zayden (Trey's 5 y/o son) for Trey to give to him did you?" This pattern has been going on for the past two years and will continue unless I get some help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand. You want to draft a letter that demands he stop this and lets him know if he refuses, you will file for divorce?

Are you looking to sign this letter yourself? Or to have an attorney sign it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can plus I have a nephew that is an attorney that will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can or my nephew is an attorney and will
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I will send you an offer for additional services. If you accept I can help you with this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I wanted to make sure you were able to view the offer for additional services. Let me know if you have questions