Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How can I obtain a Florida Power of Attorney my elderly

Customer Question

How can I obtain a Florida Power of Attorney my elderly spouse who has been hospitalized, bedridden and is rarely and unpredictably able to communicate verbally and cannot use her hands to write? She has had multiple surgeries, including one less than a week ago, and is in chronic pain and confusion, requiring administration of pain medication, as well as other medications, multiple times daily. I urgently need a Power of Attorney to handle expansion of her medical insurance coverage.
Up until now, I had been able to handle her medical matters as her health care surrogate. However, to expand her health insurance coverage, representatives require speaking directly with her or a copy of her Power of Attorney before they will speak with me or provide me any information about what additional information they need.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me if she is currently mentally cognizant? Meaning would she have a full understanding of a Power of Attorney?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!