Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I worked .S.A (Pacific Southwest Airline) From 1978-1989,

Customer Question
I worked for P.S.A (Pacific...
I worked for P.S.A (Pacific Southwest Airline) From 1978-1989, P.S.A was bought out by Northwest Airlines (about 1988). A buy-out was offered to me and I took it, but I left my 401k there. Soon I will be 62 soon, but I know where my 401k would be or do I have one.
Where do I look to see if I still have a 401K?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
12/7/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you never cashed out your 401K, then it still belongs to you and you can still seek to collect it. You need to start by trying to contact the plan administrator from the 401K, but if you cannot locate your plan by contacting the administrator named at this site http://www.brightscope.com/form-5500/basic-info/282771//13793684/Northwest-Airlines-Retirement-Savings-Plan-For-Salaried-Employees/2010/ or http://401k-plans.findthecompany.com/l/130023/Northwest-Airlines-Pension-Plan-For-Contract-Employees
Your next step is contacting the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, http://www.pbgc.gov, and also the US Department of Labor, http://www.dol.gov, as they will assist you in locating the administrator.