LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

If my children were taken by child protection services can I

Customer Question

If my children were taken by child protection services can I sign over custody to my mother still
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While your mother may petition the Superior Court Probate Division and apply for legal guardianship over your children, and you may voluntarily consent to such an order of the court----that will not immediately remove CPS from the picture.

While the court may order the children to be turned over to your mother, CPS will still go forward with any investigation that is already underway.

There is no way for you to legally sign over custody to your mother without going through the probate court application system though, if that is what you were hoping---as a way to force CPS to return your children to your mother immediately.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug