How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Four years ago me and childs father signed a Voulnteer of

Customer Question

Four years ago me and childs father signed a Voulnteer of Acknowledgement in the hospital come to find out my ex was really my childs father me and the legal father found out when the child was 11 months the legal father went to court to disestablish paternity but dropped the case and instead filed for partial custody as well as child support. He was granted the custody and ordered to put my son on his medical we had an agreement that he put money in my account every month. We also agreed to shut the biological father out the legal father was actively in my sons life then him and I got into an agreement he is in a new relationship and I allowed my son to see biological father after the legal father no longer wanted anything to do with my son. The VAP states that a challenge can only be challenged within two years It is four years I want to know if a judge can overturn the VAP form after the two year time
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand. The legal father (the one who signed the VAP) he now challenging the order of paternity?

Related Family Law Questions