How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom still at my adult age try's to act like she never

Customer Question

My mom still at my adult age try's to act like she never hurt/abuse/bully/or left us un protected from being sexual/mentally abuse
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mom ask me today ask me not to claim my child on my income tax to allow her husband claim him.She sign the form 3332 ,for my son 2/2015 . But t
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You post above got cut off. Can you please continue your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She sign it till he turns 18,she had a change of heart for her husband but I pay his health insurance pat her for him leaving there.You see I was in prison for 9 years I come home and my son only wants to live with with her.But my mom wants me not to even claim what I provided for my son.Since I been home I have provided,but she is using the same guilt trip that she had my kids while in prison.But the government help her with food stamps and Medicaid and housing,So yes lost housing for marrying a Mexican,and this is the man she is asking me not to report what I provided for my son that is still under 18.She is using the same bully/abusive ways to force me to do what works for her.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

What is your legal question about this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the form 3233 sign from her,she said her husband is claiming my son no matter what.And that she will deny signing it. I have the form sign and a notarized letter of what I give her.Can I claim him or her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need a lawyer or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there,I just enter my debit card for a answer to my question
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please be patient while I review, research and respond to your question.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

How old is your minor child?

Who has legal custody of the minor child?

Who does the child live with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 15,he lives with my mentally abusive mom.But I know the IRA will love to know I have proof she sign the form allowing me to claim my son.Because I pay her for taking care of him,because he. Chooses to live with her,and I pay for his health insurance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has guardian custody,never gave my rights to have my kids
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When. I went to prison I made a letter that my mother will care for my kids while in prison.But I never gave her rights to have my kids.But 9 years they are use to her.But we made a notarized letter of what Provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If anything with what I have I can report under child care dependent exception. She is handicap,receives some check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Receives SS checks,but she wants me not to claim him,because she fears being audit or cut her SS because of what I providef
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

While I cannot comment on your specific situation, generally it is an adult that provides the room and board to the minor child that would entitle to claim minor child as a dependent on the tax return, even if parent is helping financially to support the minor child.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Room and board? Do you read the IRS rules,not happy with this site and you will not get a good out come from you charging me .
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that the law might not favor your situation, but please don't hold it against me personally, but please let me know what related follow up questions do you have for me or what additional information are you seeking at this time?

Related Family Law Questions