Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My divorce was final nearly 5 years ago but my ex husband

Customer Question
Hi, My divorce was final...
Hi, My divorce was final nearly 5 years ago but my ex husband refused to sign a quit claim deed for one piece of property. First question: how do I force this? Second question: Is there any reason I cannot communicate this to his attorney? He is threatening me with a restraining order if I do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
12/6/2015
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

1) If one ex-spouse refuses to comply with court ordered division of property, then the aggrieved spouse can file a Motion to Enforce Marital Settlement Agreement and the court will compel the ex-spouse to comply or to fact sanctions which can include jail time.

2) Either spouse can contact other spouse's attorney (if the spouse herself is not represented by an attorney) for any legitimate legal reason, without being in fear of any repercussions for the contact.

Given the situation you might want to consider his an experienced local family law attorney to help you address and resolve this issue once and for all.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law