How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife recently in May 14 2015 was granted a permanent

Customer Question

Hello, my wife recently in May 14 2015 was granted a permanent restraining order on false accusations. Immediately after the approval she has been keeping in contact with with me, seeing me, and going to events with me and the kids. She has been abusing and manipulating the Restraining order only when needing something from me and has now attempted to get me on violation of a restraining order. I have countless text msgs, pictures, financial records, phone records that show i was no threat to her and the kids life as her claims are fraudulent. Is there any way I can appeal this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you realize that it is a serious crime for the person against whom the restraining order is issued to have contact with the person protected by the restraining order, even if the victim insists on such contact?