How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116815
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is domicile parent but the lawyer got her to go

Customer Question

my daughter is domicile parent but the lawyer got her to go joint custody with her boyfriend the babys father and his name is ***** ***** the baby birth cert but he did a fert test to prove it was his child. the lawyer talked yesterday and the father gets the child Friday at 5 til Monday 9am everyother weekend and every wed at 9 til thur at 5 that sounds to long and not right
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, the Louisiana courts believe in liberal visitation periods and with joint custody the typical visitations would be alternate weekends and one overnight/day during the week. That is the typical parenting order. When the judges come into the parenting classes, the first thing they tell parents is they are expected to be reasonable and flexible with custody plans for the best interests of the children. The judges also tell parents in these classes that none of this is about the adults and what the adults want, it is about what is best for the children and all decisions they need to make is solely with that goal in mind.
The parenting time that you describe is a standard visitation schedule for joint custody though
If the father turns out to be unfit to keep the child, she needs to keep accurate documentation and evidence so she can go to court and file a motion to change the custody/visitation if necessary.

Related Family Law Questions