mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

Iowa child support requested a dna test be done to establish

Customer Question

Iowa child support requested a dna test be done to establish the father. I'm trying to protect my baby girl from him for the reason he Will sexually and physically abuse her and he has no record for the reason he pays everyone off so he don't get into trouble he's raped 2 woman and i've witnessed him laying on the floor looking at my newborn and start playing with him self and turned to me sitting on the couch and said i'm Horney. my question is would I be able to have another 6 month old dna tested to protect mine the dad will not be there and the people were i'm going have never seen my baby
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with such a horrific situation.

I think you will need to make your case about father sexual abuse issues in court if he tries to seek any visitation.

If you attempt to falsify the DNA testing you could be prosecuted criminally for fraud at a minimum. In addition, if you are caught you will likely lose custody of your child. My experience has been nine times out of ten the person gets caught. I recommend bringing the real issue, father is a sexual predator, before the court in the costody proceedings. That is your real issue and your real concern. You are heading down the wrong path with attempting to falsify the paternity information.

I see people who lose custody all the time because of lies about boyfriends or girlfriends or other small stuff, but because person lied and basically committed perjury they lose any and all future credibility before the court.

I know this is playing not the answer you want to hear but is not honest and best advice to you. Please don't rate me negatively for being honest.