How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my daughter with me I been having her 2 months and to

Customer Question

i have my daughter with me I been having her for almost 2 months and to find out that the mother tell s me that the baby is not mine... I dk if its some kind trick or something but I already put her on child support we are barely going threw this process.... what do I do if she not mine s and I already put her on child support I don't want to ever loose my daughter I don't know what I would do we are so close...... is there any way that I can still keep her since I signed the birth certificate and was always there for her even though she is not mine.... do I even have to take a paternity test at all ..... in the state of texas
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you sign an Acknowledgment of Paternity Document at the hospital where the baby was born?

2. What do you mean that you already put her on child support? Through court action, or through the Texas AG child support division, or?

3. You wrote: "...was always there for her even though she is not mine." Are you saying that you know that you are not the biological father?

Thanks in advance,