How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11774
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The following is an excerpt from my divorce decree: "IT IS

Customer Question

The following is an excerpt from my divorce decree:
"IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that DAVID WILLIAM NUCKOLS shall notify this Court and
REBECCA M. GETTE by U.S. certified mail, return receipt requested, of any change of address and of
any termination of employment. This notice shall be given no later than seven days after the change of
address or the termination of employment. This notice or a subsequent notice shall also provide the
current address of DAVID WILLIAM NUCKOLS and the name and address of obligor's current
employer, whenever that information becomes available,"
This didn't happen, ergo- i am more than thirty days past due on child support. What should my next step be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.