How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have legal guardianship son who has been going The

Customer Question

I have legal guardianship for my son who has been going for Ect
The hospital has asked my ex husband to certify the approval he refuses without talking to the doctor MY ex husband is obnoxious and rude to the doctors
He asked me to sign a document
Saying I am giving him permission
To talk to the doctors before and after Ect I am
Afraid the doctors are not going to perform any treatment because of his attitude
Please advise my son is 40 years old and though incapacitated does object .my son never had a good relationship with him what should I do!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

When you say guardian I just want to confirm you are saying that you made application to be appointed as the guardian for your son and a Court appointed you. Is that correct? If so, were there any limitations placed on you related to health care decisions for your son?

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in again to see if you have had time to provide the additional information I requested. Please reply here and provide that information and I will be able to work to get your question answered. Please note I will be away from my computer tomorrow, Monday until about 6:00 PM CST, but will be happy to respond at that point once you provide some more information so I can better answer your question.