How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been looking NJ real estate attny lis pendens and I

Customer Question

I have been looking for a NJ real estate attny for a lis pendens and I get either this is a PA matrimonial atty issue, or I don;t have a case for a lis pendens. Does there need to be a PA court filed litigation first for the NJ lis pendens to be filed? Even my divorce lawyer says find a NJ attny. I am going back n forth..what is the main issue that will help determine what lawyer I need that will take the case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

A lis pendens is a formal "notice" filed, that states that a property is attached to litigation and warns potential buyers not to purchase it. It is an effective way to ensure that a property is not sold off if it is part of a real estate lawsuit, or a divorce.

There has to be lawsuit filed for a lis pendens to be filed. So a divorce has to be initiated, first.

A lis pendens is a simple filing as far as legal filings go. Even if this is more of a civil matter, a family attorney should be able to do this as part of a divorce, for example.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!