FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

How can I find out what is happening with my divorce papers

Customer Question

how can I find out what is happening with my divorce papers that were turned in to temecula family court approx. 8 months ago. lynda clinger verses james clinger uncontested divorce. I have no case#
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. First, you should go online, through the clerk of courts website and see if you can search your case and the history of it. If they will not allow that, then you want to go in person and speak with the clerk of court, about this. If everything was properly filed and this was uncontested, a court case number ***** have been assigned AND a court date should have been set. It should not take 8 months to hear something from the court, so you need to make sure it did not get lost or misplaced in the system.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!