How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28052
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find out what is happening with my divorce papers

Customer Question

how can I find out what is happening with my divorce papers that were turned in to temecula family court approx. 8 months ago. lynda clinger verses james clinger uncontested divorce. I have no case#
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. First, you should go online, through the clerk of courts website and see if you can search your case and the history of it. If they will not allow that, then you want to go in person and speak with the clerk of court, about this. If everything was properly filed and this was uncontested, a court case number ***** have been assigned AND a court date should have been set. It should not take 8 months to hear something from the court, so you need to make sure it did not get lost or misplaced in the system.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!