How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lies told on me bye a cps worker I never met her and

Customer Question

I have lies told on me bye a cps worker I never met her and my mother was in on getting my son removed from me now im in court with saying im negligence to my son but I get unsupervised visits no one not telling me nothing and my son wants to come home I never was provided a service plan nothing please I need help it has been 7months please help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

Dealing with CPS can be difficult at best and a nightmare at worst. If you have a reasonable caseworker the case can be resolved in a reasonable time frame where there is no evidence of neglect or abuse. If you have a young or lousy caseworker the case can drag on for a long time with horrible results. It sounds as though you do not have a fair or reasonable caseworker. In situations like these I recommend demanding a dependency hearing before the judge as soon as possible. That way an independent person can evaluate the actual evidence and make a determination to close the case or establish a service plan. In addition, you are entitled to an attorney at the dependency hearing. Your child is also entitled to an attorney who represents the child's best interest.

I'd also recommend requesting a copy of the safety plan and goals for your child in writing from caseworker and make sure you keep a copy of the same. This way you can prove later that you have been asking for this information and they have refused to provide it. I think once you get this matter before the court and have other people looking at the same you have an excellent chance of having your child return to you if there is no evidence supporting their allegations

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.