MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My ex has just sent a letter to my lawyer saying they want

Customer Question

My ex has just sent a letter to my lawyer saying they want to "trigger a review" of spousal support. I was entitled to spousal bechause of many reasons - stay at home mother for the duration of marriage, I had no job at the time of divorce. I have since gone back to school for my degree - four years long and have just graduated this past april. I have contract job right now but no benefits, my daugter is in university (he pays child support but has not paid any section 7 expenses, ever) and I have emassed $32000 in debt trying to become self sufficient. In 36ou opinion am I still entitled to spousal - he makes in excess of $160,000 plus is married to a wealthy woman, I will make only $36,000 this year plus my job is only hourly and the contract is done in nine months with no guaruntee it will be extended.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer (and by the way it seems from your facts), you will still be entitled to receive spousal support given the circumstances you stated.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.