How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34539
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have legal guardianship of my granddaughter, age 10,

Customer Question

I have legal guardianship of my granddaughter, age 10, issued by the state of Oregon five years ago. I moved to colorado four years ago. The father, my son, has gotten out of prison and has moved to colorado to be near his daughter. Now he claims that my guardianship is null and void since i moved from oregon. He claims he can take her any time he wants to. Is this true?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

That is not accurate. That is, if there is a guardianship order from OR? That order will continue to apply, even if you have moved. can go back to court and seek custody. But unless or until that happens, your guardianship order will still remain intact.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.