How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42873
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in a 3 bedroom house and getting a divorce I sign a

Customer Question

we live in a 3 bedroom house and getting a divorce I sign a set of papers saying I have a marital interest in the property do I get anything from the sale of the house and can I make her sale it or pay me in cash for my share.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

She would need you to agree to a sale and you are due a half interest if this is marital property.You don't have to agree to anything unless she pays you what you want here.Again you should have a marital half interest and can enforce this in divorce court of necessary.Legally you have rights and she has to resolve this with you and pay you your half interest.Hold out here until she pays you.

You may want to consider your own lawyer to protect your rights in all the marital property here real estate and personal property.You do have rights in all of this.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again/

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is much appreciated.