How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118686
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I subpoena my ex's flight records AND the name on the

Customer Question

Can I subpoena my ex's flight records AND the name on the credit card used to purchase that flight? I do NOT need the credit card number (sure, the last 4 digits would help), but the NAME is ***** ***** I need.
My current attorney said he's "unsure" if he can request the credit card name, and there's been several instances like this where I have questioned just how accurate his answer reflects his 20+ years of being in this business. I feel like this should be something any attorney should know. But maybe I'm wrong, so that's why I'm posting here to find out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends...why is the name relevant to your legal case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is currently getting a reduction in his child support for air travel for visitation, but everyone knows (including the judge) that he travels extensively with his work, and he has told me via text message AND during his trial testimony that he can "deviate" his return work trips so that he stops by my city, which means work pays at minimum the cost of him getting here and then he just pays out of pocket for his one way flight to get home. Yesterday the judge ordered him to produce copies of his air miles log, as we know he racks up major miles during work travel (which he then spends to come for visitation). We're on the right path now that the judge has requested the air miles..... but we're still missing that aspect of his work just flat out paying for half of some of his flights for visitation. The only idea I've been able to come up with is subpoenaing the major airlines to not only get records of all his flights (so we have something to check against what he submits for his air miles logs), but to also ask for the credit card name used to purchase the flight which I believe SHOULD show which flights his work is paying for.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Based on your history with this website I will opt out and allow others to assist you. I wish you the best of luck

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your previous contributor has opted out of working with you. It seems many customers are not aware that experts on this site are not employees of the site and the only way experts receive credit for spending time with customers is if the customer leaves positive feedback for the experts. Failure to leave positive feedback for experts can lead to future questions not being attended to. Sorry for any confusion about that.

To answer your question, you can subpoena your ex's bank records and also his credit card records and subsequently flight records to prove he is hiding assets. However, for what you are seeking, subpoenaing his employer's records of his travel and travel payments would also be of assistance, since that would prove what you are seeking to prove.