FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

We have downloaded our divorce papers and we are both

Customer Question

we have downloaded our divorce papers and we are both satisfied with the terms ,Question what do we do next?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Since this is uncontested and everything is agreed upon, you will want to go to the court house and file the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. Doing that, will start the process and a court date will likely be set, whereby the parties need to appear. When nothing is contested and each party is satisfied with the terms and condition, the process can move fairly quickly, so that the Judge can sign off and order the divorce of the parties. The clerk of court will likely advise you that once this is filed and when your spouse accepts the documents and is served, that a new court date will be set, so you just want to confirm with them that it will be done by the court and you do not have to do it.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!