How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11772
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 17, and 6 months pregnant and plan on graduating within 2

Customer Question

Im 17, and 6 months pregnant and plan on graduating within 2 months. I turn 18 in August and my baby is due in March. When i graduate, i plan to live with the father in Nevada but my parents wont allow that nor me seeing him. I work full time and my parents are unsupportive; Is there a chance i can get emancipated without my parents consent? is there an implied emancipation with all these factors? I have been told so. I wish to have the baby there but need medical insurance and I can't do any of this if my parents put me as a runaway.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Are you able to pay for your own housing and other expenses without any help from anyone?