Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I need to see what evidence is needed to prove that my

Customer Question
childs mother is unfit. She...
I need to see what evidence is needed to prove that my childs mother is unfit. She has ran away from indiana and now is in minnesota with my son. Can you help me Please it has been two years since i seen my son hes only 3
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/20/2015
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, it must be shown that the parent has a consistent pattern of behavior to rise to the level of unfit parenting in order to establish what you're seeking to prove. Under Minnesota law, this means that the behavior must be ongoing and severe enough that it is not in the best interests of the child to continue the parental relationship.

A parent can be shown to be unfit in a variety of ways, including the abandonment of the child, child abuse or neglect or having a criminal history.

If you can establish any of these, or anything else that could be deemed as proof of unfitness, it is possible to seek that her custody rights be terminated and have the child turned over to you.

Roger, Attorney