Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

How do I petition the court daughter, who is graduating this

Customer Question

How do I petition the court for money for grand daughter, who is graduating this year, and she needs money for her graduation attire and invitations, and senior trip, and to finish paying off her car, she has settlement funds being held in court from her Mothers death.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1. What does the court order say about when the funds could be released?

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if the court appointed a guardian ad litem [a guardian for a limited purpose]. You would need that individual to recommend early distribution and then submit an order to the court approving the releasing the money to you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.