Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I am looking common law marrriage affidavit I can submit to

Customer Question

I am looking for a common law marrriage affidavit I can submit to my HR depart at work. I enrolled my husband in my medical benefits.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Here is a LINK to the form for a Declaration of Common Law Marriage. Keep in mind, this needs to be filed in the court in the county where you reside as a married couple; otherwise your employer does not have to accept the marriage for insurance purposes.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You also can get the form from the clerk of the court in that county. You can both appear and sign it and have it filed. A certified copy will be given to you to present to your employer.