How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking common law marrriage affidavit I can submit to

Customer Question

I am looking for a common law marrriage affidavit I can submit to my HR depart at work. I enrolled my husband in my medical benefits.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Here is a LINK to the form for a Declaration of Common Law Marriage. Keep in mind, this needs to be filed in the court in the county where you reside as a married couple; otherwise your employer does not have to accept the marriage for insurance purposes.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You also can get the form from the clerk of the court in that county. You can both appear and sign it and have it filed. A certified copy will be given to you to present to your employer.