Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Paying child support. If my daughter mother moved out of NY

Customer Question
Paying child support. If my daughter...
Paying child support.
If my daughter mother moved out of NY state to NJ 3 years ago and I moved out of NY to NC 2 years ago. My daughter is 19, Am i still liable to pay child support in NY.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2015
Family Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unless there is an agreement that states otherwise, in New York, child support must be paid until the child reaches the age of 21, assuming the child is still living at home with a parent, or attending college full time.

Even if no one lives in NY

Yes. The location does not change the child support obligation.

Thanks.

No problem. Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney