How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37087
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a complaint to establish paternity of my daughter

Customer Question

I filed a complaint to establish paternity of my daughter after her mother would not allow me visitation for over two years. The DNA confirmed paternity, the visitation was set up and I have paid child support every month religiously.
The mother has never honored the court orders for holiday visitation and extended overnight visits as the agreement states. I live in Tennessee and she and my daughter in Georgia. I spend enormous amounts of money each month for hotels, foot, entertainment and fuel. I want to be able to visit with my daughter at my home- Her mother will not allow such visits.
What can I do to get the court orders enforced?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


If the mother is intentionally violating the custodial order, then your recourse here is to file a motion for contempt of court in the the court where the order was initially entered. This will force the mother to appear in front of the judge who signed off on the order and explain why she is willfully violating the judges's orders. The judge can sanction her with penalties from a verbal reprimand, to modifying the order to give you more time, to up to 6 months in jail for repeated violations. (although jail isn't likely)





Related Family Law Questions