How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How are you? and back in August I asked you questions

Customer Question

Hi How are you? My name is ***** ***** back in August I asked you questions regarding my brother getting a green card renewal and Italian passport. He applied for green card renewal and to our shock we waited and waited and we finally called the office in
Miame to find out what the status of this passport was and we were told it was mailed out in October and you should have received it. We did not receive it and if lost we need to pay additional $485 to renew and we do not know where in the world this green
card is at? We want to apply for Italian passport when green card is issued and we are now back to square one
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under USCIS rules any lost green card has a fee to replace the card I am afraid. See:
You can write a letter to them requesting a waiver of the fee based on it being lost in the mail. However, the only way they will waive the fee is if the green card is returned to them by the post office. Otherwise, you will have to pay the fee to get a replacement.

Related Family Law Questions