How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31688
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My children's current school changed boundaries, which is

Customer Question

My children's current school changed boundaries, which is causing some contention with my ex... meaning she wants to move the kids closer to her residence. My decree reads: ... attend their current school (i.e., xxxx elementary). What does i.e., mean in the eyes of the law. My ex is pushing mediation. What are my options to leave the kids where they are?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The phrase "i.e." means "that is" actually specifies what one is writing about. So, the order would specify that this school IS the school that they are ordered to attend.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since the district changed boundries is the decree null and void?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

No, the decree would not be void.....but you may have to ask the court to modify/amend the order to specify the new school since the district changed its boundaries and now their school will be a different one that specified in the order.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions