How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118239
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How often in CA does a judge disallow foreign travel when

Customer Question

How often in CA does a judge disallow foreign travel when and abduction is suspected
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have some actual evidence, not merely your statements you believe there would be an abduction (which courts see as self serving), then the courts will always disallow the foreign travel. Courts look at things such as ties to the state of CA and ties to the foreign country and you need to show things like transfer of assets to that country or any other evidence that can show proof that the person is making plans to remain in that country with the child.
The courts can also order that the CA custody order be filed for recognition and enforcement in the foreign country, since then if the person does not abide by the order they have a means in place for you to get the foreign court to enforce that judgment without going through the foreign laws which are going to be unfavorable to you.
So the court has options, but you need to present evidence to support your statements you believe abduction and refusal to return the child to CA is possible.