How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a parenting plan with my ex who eloped with our two

Customer Question

I have a parenting plan with my ex who eloped with our two minor children to NewYork.He does not follow the parenting plan but now seek legal custody.What are my chances
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

You need to file an action in your jurisdiction before 6 months goes by and jurisdiction changes to father's location. If you have not already you need to file a petition for contempt for violating the parenting plan. You should also consider contacting the da where you live to ask about filing parental kidnapping charges.