How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am miserable in my twenty year marriage in California, no

Customer Question

I am miserable in my twenty year marriage in California, no children, however my husband does not work for a variety of reasons. I've always thought I need to stay in it as I couldn't afford to pay him alimony and the thought of sharing my hard earned retirement etc just keeps me making the best if it. Now I found out he has cheated. Can he refuse anything from me or is it a done deal that I owe him so much?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

I will try to best answer your question.

Your Husband is not required to accept anything. I would attempt to secure as much proof as you can now the issue of adultery in case he changes his position later. This is also prove helpful in reducing the impact of alimony against you.

I hope that this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck resolving these issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome