How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are not USA residents and we want to get married in San

Customer Question

We are not USA residents and we want to get married in San Francisco City Hall. How can we get the certified copy of our marriage and then ti be apostiled if we are leaving USA in a week and have no opportunity to stay in USA no longer.
Thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In the US it is called "notarized" and that can be done in a matter of minutes by the clerk of court where you obtain the marriage license by you asking them for a true or certified copy of the marriage license. The US does not use "apostille" they use a notary and the clerks are notaries or have one in their office who will certify it.

This can all be done the same day of your marriage.

Related Family Law Questions