Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can child support case be opened against mee in florida when

Customer Question

Can child support case be opened against mee in florida when i have legal custody of child court order from another state and childs mother took child to florida wen i was in hospital in coma
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please do not forget to rate my response at the end.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

She can challenge the custody and state that the child is better off with her now (because you are disabled and she is in a better situation to parent the child) and then, based off that she can request a change in the child support obligation based off of the change in custody (if the court allows it).