How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my 17 year old move with s dad(non custodial parent)

Customer Question

can my 17 year old move with his dad(non custodial parent) without my consent??he has been in his life off and on ..ive been supporting him all his life because i am financially stable...he pays 72$ weekly...which is no where near enough ...i think he's manipulating my son...trying to make him believe he wants his best interest..when really he only wants me to drop child support(he asked) so that he can try and get our son and get child support. he only is thinking about the money...mind you he has tried to file for my son ...IRS has come after him...had a suspended license for non payment etc..but claims he wants him so he can show him how to be a "man".plz help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you have a court order for custody and support? What state are you in?