How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where could I obtain a consent form?

Customer Question

where could I obtain a consent form?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

There is no specific form available. It just has to be a simple letter. Here is what I would include below. I would have her sign this before a notary who can ID her.

I also recommend that you have a lawyer do the final transaction to make sure that the deed is properly filed, in which case you could have him or her review your letter. Here are the key points to include.


Re: Consent to waive rights under contract dated xxxx for deed to property with the address of xxxx

I, [insert her name] do hereby consent to the sale of the property with the address of xxxx, and waive all rights and interest thereto.

Print name


Notary Signature and stamp