Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I went to mediation on Friday. I felt like I was being

Customer Question
looked at as the bad...
I went to mediation on Friday. I felt like I was being looked at as the bad guy because I hadn't let our daughtet see her father in 2 months due to possible criminal allegations and my fear of him using her as a tool to harm me. I have been emotionally and verbally abused by this narcissistic man for our whole marriage and relationship and even beyond now. He was very pleasant with me before we met with the mediator ( we had to wait an hour) and even seemed a little flirtatious. He wanted to take me to coffee or lunch afterwards. I found out in mediation that he is renting a room from a woman and he said he is friends with her and her husband. I now know this woman he is living with is his girlfriend. If I knew he was living with his girlfriend I wouldn't have agreed to his living conditions. The mediator made temporary orders for him to take her for 3 nights a week. She went with him last night and came home saying her "daddys feet , legs and butt" were in the bath with her. He has a bad history if drug and alcohol abuse and it looks like he is using and drinking again. What can I do to change the mediators orders before we go to court so my daughter doesn't have to be subject to that.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/15/2015
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You would have to file an emergency petition for a temporary custody order that gives you full custody until the court can hear this matter, these new allegations/issues and make a determination on a more permanent custody order. You can get an emergency order put into place fairly quickly with the assistance of a local attorney.....who can get the petition filed asap and get a hearing before the judge within a few days.

Roger, Attorney