How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to mediation on Friday. I felt like I was being

Customer Question

I went to mediation on Friday. I felt like I was being looked at as the bad guy because I hadn't let our daughtet see her father in 2 months due to possible criminal allegations and my fear of him using her as a tool to harm me. I have been emotionally and verbally abused by this narcissistic man for our whole marriage and relationship and even beyond now. He was very pleasant with me before we met with the mediator ( we had to wait an hour) and even seemed a little flirtatious. He wanted to take me to coffee or lunch afterwards. I found out in mediation that he is renting a room from a woman and he said he is friends with her and her husband. I now know this woman he is living with is his girlfriend. If I knew he was living with his girlfriend I wouldn't have agreed to his living conditions. The mediator made temporary orders for him to take her for 3 nights a week. She went with him last night and came home saying her "daddys feet , legs and butt" were in the bath with her. He has a bad history if drug and alcohol abuse and it looks like he is using and drinking again. What can I do to change the mediators orders before we go to court so my daughter doesn't have to be subject to that.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You would have to file an emergency petition for a temporary custody order that gives you full custody until the court can hear this matter, these new allegations/issues and make a determination on a more permanent custody order. You can get an emergency order put into place fairly quickly with the assistance of a local attorney.....who can get the petition filed asap and get a hearing before the judge within a few days.

Related Family Law Questions