How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've filed a child support case against my kids father. What

Customer Question

I've filed a child support case against my kids father. What if he doesn't appear at the court date ? State is NY
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

As long as you obtain good service of the support action against father the court will proceed with the child's support action even if he is not present. In fact it will be easier if he is not present because he will not be able to refute any testimony you provide. In his absence the court will simply enter a default judgement.

I hope this information and advice is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate me. Thank you.