How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have been promised my hand in marriage just endless

Customer Question

If you have been promised my hand in marriage just endless and 17 years no more children not my decision. Had to be married. We already have 1. I have nothing in my name. He pays all bills. But still I was duped and not given the chance to be w/someone who wanted the same as me and more children. What rights do I have a pas a common law wish. Moved in a new house together 15 years ago and we've never left each other.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


Are you asking whether you can sue your partner of 17 years because he hasn't married you and/or because you have only had one child and you wanted more? Or are you married? When you reply also tell me what US state you live in.