How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Divorce and child support in florida

Customer Question

divorce and child support in florida
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. What's your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife and me got married over sea 6 yrs ago but we do not have legal documents
But she asked me to go to court last year in Florida and we got married legally
Is our marriage counts from last year or from 6 yrs
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Generally, your marriage would begin from the first one if you weren't divorced. All states recognize marriage certificates from other countries....under the law of comnity.....and you could present a certified copy of the marriage license to prove the existence of the marriage.

So, the second marriage likely isn't valid/enforceable.