How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Complaint: Dissolution with Children Filed: 11/20/2009

Customer Question

Complaint: Dissolution with Children
Filed: 11/20/2009
Status: Active
11/19/2010: Notice of Entry of Judgment on/for Dissolution (STATUS ONLY) filed with proof of mailing
11/19/2010: Status only Judgment filed.
11/1/2012: Petitioner Dies
12/21/2012 Notice of Death of Party Filed by Respondent
Question – Since the divorce was not finalized can I have the Status only Judgment revoked?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree to these terms.
Since the divorce was not "finalized" and the Petitioner Died can I have the Status only Judgment revoked?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

So, what a "Judgment-Status Only" means (which was filed in your case) is that you are divorced and free to marry again, but all of your issues may not have been completed. Another judgment will be needed for child support, property, or any other issues. This will be called a "Judgment on Reserved Issues."

In other words, the divorce was finalized, but certain issues were left open to be decided at a later time. However, you are officially divorced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know if id be entitled to survivor benefits for the union/pension? or the QUARDO agreement?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't be able to tell you without looking at the QDRO agreement or without looking at the marriage settlement agreement (if one exists).