How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x wants more monthly after only six months. we were only

Customer Question

my x wants more monthly after only six months. we were only marred for 3 years i was wondering if she can do that and by the time she files will it even matter
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

In California, spousal support can be ordered on a temporary basis, regardless of the length of the marriage, based on a formula. But long term spousal support after entry of the divorce judgment is reserved for long term marriages. Is there currently a spousal support order? I'm not sure what you mean by saying that she wants more after six months. Six months after what? After your separation?