How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I end the guardianship of my son who both s

Customer Question

How do I end the guardianship of my son who both his psychiatrist and I no longer needs one after ten years. I wrote this in my annual report as did the psychiatrist and in the response from the court they didn't address it at all. Thanks kindly..Susan
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Benicia Baker-Livors replied 1 year ago.

You or your son need to file a motion with the probate court, attaching a recommendation from his doctor, asking that the guardianship be terminated and asking the Court to find that he is fully able to care for himself and is ready to have all of his legal rights restored. The Court should set your motion for a hearing and should appoint a lawyer for your son who can clean up the motion, if necessary. You can call the probate clerk and ask him or her what your specific court requires.