How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in court with the father of my child (we were never

Customer Question

I am in court with the father of my child (we were never married) in NJ. Custody has been decided but the support has not. The father of my 7 yo son also has a 4 yo daughter he surrendered his parental rights to after abandoning her since birth, he had never met her. He has for all these years forbid me to contact the mother of the girl and said she was crazy. after 4 years I sought her out and she is not crazy we have allowed the children to meet. When the father of my son found out he went crazy and did things for the mother of the girl to seek out a Order of protection. I went to be a witness in their case and I showed up before anyone the fathers attorney then showed up and instead of contacting my attorney he cornered me and started yelling and intimidating me he then said because I am there this is now going to affect the case with my son. He then followed me and started taking pictures of me talking to the mother. Ever since I have been crying, I feel totally violated, he was abusive towards me and I want to know how I can get him thrown of the case pertaining to my son. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest, while you may not be able to have him thrown off the case involving your son, that you can begin by filing a complaint with the NJ Bar Association -

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

What you describe is unethical and unprofessional conduct. So I suggest you review the link and contact the Ethics/Fee Arbitration Hotline at 1-(800)-406-8594. With the zip code of the attorney, they can put you in touch with the correct person in your area to file that complaint.