How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband falsely accused me of owing m back child

Customer Question

My ex-husband falsely accused me of owing him back child support . He did not show any proof of the income I made and the jugde ruled in his favor . I have trascript of the hearing and know he was unlawlfully allowed the judgement. Oh, and the reason it happened is because I was not served for the hearing.And was not there. What should I do? Can I sue the county
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the court refused to allow you to vacate the judgment, how did they refuse to allow you to appeal, since this is a final order? You have a right to appeal by law and the judge cannot stop you.

You cannot sue the county or the judge for this, that is prevented by the state law, your recourse is in your legal statutory right to appeal.