How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28039
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would it be wise to mail the divorce paper to m signature?

Customer Question

Would it be wise for me to mail the divorce paper to him for his signature?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Is he going to consent to the divorce or will this be a contested matter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This will be consent divorce. He stated he would sign the paper he provided me his address.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Yes, if he is going to cooperate and sign everything and it will not be contested, then you can mail them, have him sign them and mail them back to you. Since he is willing to accept them and sign them and agreed to everything, you do not need to have him formally served.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!