How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking help preparing a MOTION VISITATION AND MOTION

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

You will need to prepare the document with the caption of the court case that identifies the parties and the case number ***** the top. You will then have to identify the parties name and address and relationship to the child. You will then have to reference the current custody order and then specify the failures to follow the current custody order. You will then need to attach the current custody order as an exhibit to you motion for contempt. You will then need to serve the motion for contempt upon other party after filing.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for describing the process for me. What I really need, however, is the answer to a few questions. 1). Can and should I include my three current issues in a single motion? My issues are: a) Failure by ex to let me have my 16-year-old daughter for the past year as stated in our current Order. b) Seek visitation modification now that I have relocated; and, c) Compel my ex to use double payment of ~$50,000 worth over overpayment of child support (SS Disability sent her this money even though I never stopped making CS payments while disabled). Our latest Order directs her to use the overpayment for the welfare of my children. She refuses to give these funds to my 21 and 19 year-old daughters who are both attending college on full scholarships.
I ,unfortunately , do not have the funds to hire another attorney and will have to file pro se. Fortunately, I have enough experience to draft the Motion and handle this in front of the judge (I hope).
Once you give me your opinion on the above question, I was hoping to draft my Motion and shoot you a copy for your review. I hope that works for you. You can also call me at XX if you feel that would make our communication more efficient. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I wait for an email to let me know your reply is ready?
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

All contempt matter can be brought together in one motion with different counts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated above, "I was hoping to draft my Motion and shoot you a copy for your review". Is this okay with you?
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

There would be additional fees,for that service. My email is***@******.***. Once I look at document I can quote a fee. Please accept this answer so we can move forward.