How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm filing in california. 9 years married. I make 88k and

Customer Question

I'm filing for divorce in california. 9 years married. I make 88k and wife currently is in school, but at one time made 30 dollars an hour. She has agreed to me taking care of our one child 5 days per week and 1 weekend per month. I have got two estimates that based on these figures I would pay $700 month spousal support and $13 dollars in child support by a lawyer. a mediator said it would be $1,580 a month in s.s. and $350 in child custody. I am confused as these are wildly disparate figures. could you give me your estimate of S.S and C.C based on my income and child care arrangement. I live in California and am under the ten year marriage deadline.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


In order to accurately estimate child support and spousal support, I would need to you to fill out a Judicial Council Form FL-150 for yourself, and one for your spouse. Anything less will result in another "guesstimate" as to your liability. If you would like me to calculate your likely support obligation, I will send you an additional services offer and we can take the matter offline (customary legal services fees will apply). You may accept or decline the offer at your convenience.

Thanks for using Justanswer!