Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Do grandparents have any rights to see their grandchildren

Customer Question
if they were born out...
do grandparents have any rights to see their grandchildren if they were born out of wedlock?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/8/2015
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 2 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Which State is this in?

Please describe the situation a little more.

Are both parents alive?

Is there a custody order?

Ohio
The father is my son, the mother doesn't let him see his daughter. My granddaughter was born out of wedlock. Currently we have had her every other weekend since they split up. Now she has another boyfriend and we are afraid that she may not let us see her.
Both are alive.
Do not know.
My husband and I are wanting to know what to do if she does not let us see her. If we have any legal rights.
Are you still there?

I apologize for the delay but I cannot be here all the time.

You asked

The answer is Yes.

Ohio does have some statutes that allow you to get a visitation order once your son has acknowledged paternity, see

http://www.lsc.ohio.gov/membersonly/127grandparents.pdf

You can get a free consultation from some of the family law attorneys listed by location here.

It sounds like your son needs to file a parentage case so he can get custody or visitation.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

Do you need any more information?

N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney