How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If 15 year old child living with custodial party (mother) is

Customer Question

If 15 year old child living with custodial party (mother) is sick and tired of her drinking alcohol and she refuses to get a job and work, can the child choose to live with noncustodial parent who works and pays for all the child's needs anyway?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mkc1959 replied 1 year ago.

What State does the child live in? Is the noncustodial parent current with child support payments? I will be away from my computer for several hours. This information will help another expert or me to provide a proper response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live in California. I was paying child support until mother wouldn't fill out her income and expense declaration. Alameda co. Child support sent me a letter closing the case. I just got a letter from them after a year saying she requested they re-evaluate the case. My son wants to come live with me instead of his irresponsible mother. What to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We started the divorce in 2006 and were in & out of court. 2008 we were granted legal seperation with joint custody of our two boys. The older one stayed with me and younger one with his mom. We never were able to complete the divorce, due to financial losses. But now our youngest son realizes mom does not have his best interest in mind, and wants to live with me. She will probably lose her mind when we tell her he's moving and will slander me to local law enforcement. So I thought I would get legals on the situation. Any advice would be helpful. Th2
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Customer Service asked me to assist since there has been such a long delay. I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.
If the mother is an alcoholic and is not properly caring for the child, then the court will order the child custody to be moved. You would still have to go to court and present evidence to the court and at*****will also consider the wishes of the child regarding the custody situation. So you need to file a motion to modify custody in the court and the court will indeed allow custody to be changed in this type of circumstance.

Related Family Law Questions